AEQUITAS works towards the promotion and protection of children’s rights on a national, regional and international scale. As well as participating in projects which aim to ensure that the rights and freedoms provided in the Convention on the Rights of the Child are upheld, AEQUITAS believes in making children and young people defenders of their own rights. In this light, we seek to strengthen the voice of children and young people and to enable them to comprehend and promote a variety of issues.
More specifically, we aim to:
- Educate children and youth about their human rights through seminars, workshops, conferences, at school, at college, at university, through the arts and through the sciences
- Promote active citizenship amongst children and young people
- Empower children and young people to understand and promote their human rights and fundamental freedoms
- Ensure inclusion of children and young people living in rural areas in all aspects of life including education, active citizenship, culture, sport and other extra-curricular activities.
- Enable young people to understand the European family with particular focus on its cultures, values and languages.
- Enable young people to understand and promote their European citizenship.
- Equip young people with skills required for present and future all-round development.
Educate all actors in a child or young person’s life, including parents and educational staff, on the above issues.
“In serving the best interests of children, we serve the best interests of all humanity.”