AEQUITAS’ vision is to contribute to the creation of a society in which human rights are understood, protected and promoted with a view to strengthening the respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, cultivating a sense of value for human dignity, ensuring gender equality in all spheres, achieving respect for cultural diversity, empowering people to become active citizens and, moreover, enhancing principles such as democracy and solidarity.
AEQUITAS’ mission is to implement all its activities on the basis of human rights principles as enshrined in the International Bill of Human Rights and other International and European Conventions on issues pertaining to human rights. AEQUITAS seeks to raise awareness and educate individuals and groups on issues pertaining to human rights, intercultural dialogue and citizenship.
- Provides Human Rights Education, Citizenship Education and Intercultural Education for a wide range of target audiences;
- Empowers marginalized communities and individuals to know and uphold their rights;
- Carries out awareness-raising campaigns on a variety of human rights issues;
- Encourages human rights debate;
- Carries out lobbying and adovcacy activities for human rights issues.